Being over weight can be a difficult time, condition and challenge to overcome. You can be left feeling slow, sluggish, tired and sometimes depressed, not to mention that niggling in the back of your head over all the health concerns we hear so often.
Weight loss and dieting does not have to be difficult or boring. However much weight you want to lose or however fit you want to get, it is possible to do with the right combination of diet, exercise, encouragement and support.
If you specifically want to lose 10 lbs in 1 week this is a high target but again it can be achieved. My only warning is don’t starve yourself! You will only put the weight back on when you begin to eat again, as your body believes itself to be in starvation mode and will store everything you eat as fat.
Instead follow some of these tips:
- Begin with a detox day. This is a great kick start and can be done with a green tea or even a homemade detox drink like lemon juice, ginger, honey mixed with water. Only drink this and do not eat anything on day 1 or detox day.
- Reduce your portions of food as soon as detox day is over. Eat meals the size of your fist but have 5 meals a day. Breakfast, elevenses, lunch, snack, dinner. Spread these out between 7 am and no later than 7 pm.
- Make sure 2/3 of your meal is fresh vegetables. Avoid potatoes or other high carbohydrate veg. A great tip is to eat from a smaller plate so you aren’t tempted to fill a larger one!
- Eating 5 meals a day should stop you feeling hungry but if you do, drink water or perhaps green tea. Water and green tea will help to keep you cleansed and hydrated.
- Get active. This doesn’t have to be gruelling gym sessions but, yes, that would be good. However housework, gardening, walks, cleaning cars, taking the stairs instead of an elevator will work wonders and get you towards your goal.
Losing weight fast is possible but make sure that you don’t attempt too much too soon. A quick blast of weight loss like 10 pounds in one week is ok, but don’t attempt to keep losing weight at that rate over a long period. This could have long term health effects and may not result in the weight staying off in the future. Remember always to consult your doctor.
Which Diets Work?
Well simply put ALL diets work. Thats because they all work on one simple equation of calorie deficiency. Eat less and burn more. For example a diet could reduce your calorie intake to 1000 calories a day but you burn 1200, thus you lose weight due to a 200 calorie deficiency. The body gets it’s ‘missing’ 200 calories from your energy reserves or what we know as FAT.
Every day you burn 200 calories worth of the stuff and look and feel better and more healthy.
Although all diets work it is still important to pick a good diet. By this I mean a diet that is simple to follow, gets good results, allows you to eat interesting and tasty food and is easy to stick and persist with. After all persistance in weight loss pays off.
The Atkins diet works well. But if eating sausages and pork chops for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, being so constipated it’s almost painful and having breath like a camel isn’t quite what you are after there are some much more fun options that will still see you slimming down fast.
Our recommended diets often come with meal planners that allow you to eat anything, but in the right combinations, allowing for tasty meals and great calorie deficiencies. Many even have a full, iron clad, money back guarantee, so if you don’t lose weight you get your money back. Very reassuring.
Although not always necessary, it is a good idea to include some exercise in your slimming regime. Don’t think you have to go for long and sweaty runs. The latest studies are showing that short bursts of energy that cause large fluctuations in heart rate and breathing, are having better benefits to calorie burning. So sprints are better than marathons and a lot easier. But at first a quick jog up and down the stairs will impact your heart and weight loss much the same. Try doing this in sets a few times a day. Preferably when there’s no one home so they don’t think you have lost the plot!
Think of the benefits to your overall healthwhen it comes to some light cardio-vascular exercise. Your heart pumps blood to the extremities of the body, conditioning muscles, skin, organs and helping important vitamins and minerals in your blood reach the important places it should.
Dieting and getting in shape is going to be fun, especially when you see the great results you get from Lose10LbsIn1Week.com
Take your time looking around our site, explore some of the tips, techniques, diets and exercises. Check back regularly to review and read our posts, as we are constantly updating too.